Course Approval Process for IHS Chapters
Most chapters only hold one (1) course/meeting per calendar year. A few chapters hold more than one course/meeting per calendar year. A chapter must apply for each course it hosts in order to obtain IHS continuing education approval.
- Download and read the IHS Course Approval Requirements and Guidelines document.
- Chapter officer completes the Annual Education Provider Registration Form and pays the $250 USD annual registration fee.
- IHS issues the Education Provider Number. This number will not change from year to year; once assigned, it will always be the chapter’s provider number.
- Chapter leader submits the online course application at least 30 days before the first offering of the course. Note: Only apply once for a course being offered on numerous dates or in multiple locations within the calendar year.
- IHS verifies the educational content adheres to the IHS Approved Categories of Instruction and other standards and verifies the number of contact hours.
- IHS approves or denies the course for continuing education credit.
- IHS assigns a Continuing Education Number (CEN) to each approved course. IHS emails an approval letter with the CEN number to the applicant. At this point the course can be promoted as “approved for IHS continuing education credit."
- Once the course is approved, education providers must use the IHS CE Approval Stamp and Required Approval Statement on the course’s promotional materials. Note: If desired, IHS can help you to promote the course in The Hearing Professional magazine and on the IHS website’s calendar of events www.ihsinfo.org.
- The course takes place.
- Within 30 days of the course offering date, the education provider submits the completed Roster of Attendees (MS Excel) to IHS via email. Download the template here.
- IHS posts the number of CE credits earned to each attendee’s personal CE record in the IHS database.
- IHS emails an e-certificate directly to the attendee as record of completion.
The International Hearing Society uses electronic continuing education certificates (e-certificates)
. IHS does not mail hard-copy certificates of attendance for continuing education. E-certificates are emailed in PDF format directly to course attendees.
Please click on certificate to see larger sample
For questions regarding IHS course approval email firstname.lastname@example.org